Sunday, 21 May 2017

How To Do Corkscrew Curls



The end of exams are in sight and I'm excited to get back to blogging regularly. I have some exciting things planned over Summer which I can't wait to share with you! Anyway... Today I thought I would share with you a quick 'How To' post so you can recreate these corkscrew curls.

Corkscrew curls add so much more volume to my hair and last for a couple of days without needing to be restyled - perfect for days when I'm too busy to faff around with my hair. I use the Babyliss Pro Curling Wand but any curling wand with a thin barrel will be fine. Before I start applying heat to my hair, I spray the Tresemme Heat Defence Styling Spray all over my hair and then split my hair into two sections (a top section and a bottom section). Holding the curling wand downwards I wrap sections of my hair around the wand - no more than 2-3cms wide at a time - and I vary the direction of the way I wrap my hair around the wand to give a more messy look. Once I have done the bottom section of my hair I then take down the top part of my hair and repeat the process. When it comes to doing the front of my hair I tend to curl it in the direction going away from my face because this helps to keep it out of my face. It only takes about 20 minutes to create this hairstyle and it stays like this for a couple of days, however, you can always use some hairspray to lock in those curls.

Hopefully you enjoyed this post! Have you tried to create corkscrew curls?

7 comments:

  1. I always struggle to do the font part of my hair and I usually spend more time to do the front than all my head!! :) Great and easy tutorial Emma! x

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it always takes me a while to sort out the front part of my hair! Thank you x

      Delete
  2. Ahh these curls suit you so much!

    Olivia / Olivia Roses

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't curled my hair in way too long!! LOVE your gorgeous playful curls, girlie! Super cute :) The wand looks so nice and the result is amazing <3
    xox Nadia
    www.mielandmint.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hadn't curled my hair in ages but I'm loving it at the moment x

      Delete
  4. Oooh, this wand is pretty inexpensive! I like how beachy these curls are. I'm sure they fall really nicely if you leave them, too! xx

    with love, Jordyn | www.jordynpamela.com

    ReplyDelete