Sunday, 6 November 2016

October Favourites


Can you believe that it's November already? This year is going ridiculously quick and I'm not ready to think about Christmas yet! Anyway, today I've got my favourite products from October to share with you.

For my birthday, some of my friends bought me the Ultimate Travelist book. This contains the best 500 places to visit and you also get a map with the top 100 places, so you can pin that on your wall if you want to. The photos in this book are beautiful and I enjoyed going through it and seeing how many places I'd visited (which was only 13!). Next time I book a holiday I'm going to use the Ultimate Travelist to see where I should go.

Halloween gave me the perfect excuse to buy a vampy lipstick and lipliner from MAC. I picked up the shade Sin, which is a dark blue red matte lipstick, and I also got Dark Out, which is a burgundy plum pro longwear lip pencil. This combination goes really well together and lasted all night for Halloween - if you want to see what it looks like on my lips then check out my previous blog post here.

This month I've been using the Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray a lot. I had never used a makeup setting spray before this, however, I have quite oily skin and this spray does seem to help stop my makeup from rubbing off my nose and chin. The spray promises to keep your makeup looking like it's just been applied for up to 16 hours - I haven't worn my makeup for that long so I don't know how true that is, but the spray keeps my makeup looking better for longer.

Finally, the VO5 Give Me Texture Instant Oomph Powder has been a saviour when my hair's looking flat. You just shake some of the powder into your roots (not too much otherwise it can start to feel sticky) and then rub it in to add volume. If you want to add more volume then you can backcomb the powder into your hair.

Have you tried any of these products? What did you like using in October?

40 comments:

  1. I can't believe it's November either! I love the sound of that powder, my hair needs all the volume it can get... x

    Sick Chick Chic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try it! It's probably the best volumizing product I've tried x

      Delete
  2. Oh that book looks so cool. Might have to put it on my wishlist for Christmas :P

    Love, Kerstin http://www.missgetaway.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your MAC vampy lip duo sound lovely, definitely need to check out those shades. The UD Setting Spray is a favourite of mine x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely going to be wearing that combination a lot throughout winter! I'm so glad I tried the setting spray x

      Delete
  4. Ooh that lipstick is so perfect for fall and winter!!

    She Likes to Shop

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd like to get my hands on that book as well! :)

    All About A

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so interesting! Let me know what you think if you do get it x

      Delete
  6. I really need to get my hands on the ultimate Travelist it sounds amazing!

    Abigail Alice x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good and gives you ideas of what to visit when you're on holiday :) x

      Delete
  7. The years go by faster & faster as I get older. Sounds like a lovely present for any travel lover. :]


    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! The book would make a really good present for anyone who loves travelling x

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. I love it so much! My #1 hair volume product x

      Delete
  9. I need that book!

    http://ariadibari.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should get it - it's so interesting! x

      Delete
  10. Love this - I've tried the completion prep spray so need to try the setting one! x

    www.stylepetal.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried the prep spray! I really like the setting one, I think it'll work particularly well on people with oily skin x

      Delete
  11. Really enjoyed reading about your favourites, darling! That setting spray sounds awesome, I have oily skin myself so I think it could be very useful for me, too! <3 Thanks for sharing. :) xoxo

    Kay
    http://www.shoesandglitter.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. That book sounds so interesting and useful!

    http://www.myclusterofthoughts.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I really like it - I'll definitely be using it to see where I should visit when I'm on holiday x

      Delete
  13. I love the look of the Travel book - might be one for my Christmas list :)

    Jasmine xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah you should add it to your Christmas list - it's very interesting! x

      Delete
  14. That Travel book looks really interesting, I'd love to read it!

    -Hannah (hannahtravels13.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  15. The travel book sounds so amazing :) And the lipstick looks great on you!!
    Love from Berlin,
    Charlotte Luisa | bycharlotteluisa.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It contains some beautiful pictures too! Thanks so much x

      Delete
  16. I really like the sound of the VO5 powder - I've never tried a powder before for volumising xx

    Gemma - Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the only powder I've tried but it's so good - you should try it! x

      Delete
  17. I love the UD setting spray, I always use it :)

    Rosy | Sparkles of Light Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really notice a difference in my makeup where it usually rubs off, definitely be repurchasing it! x

      Delete
  18. That book looks like something I need to get immediately...
    I've heard nothing but god things about UD spray...
    xx
    https://theonethattravels.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The book's so interesting! I've heard lots of good things about the spray too - seems like a popular choice for a setting spray x

      Delete
  19. I love the UD all nighter spray, you can basically sleep in your make up and it won't have moved, love it!

    https://ninety7blog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes haha! I've really noticed a difference in my makeup since I've started wearing it on nights out x

      Delete
  20. You have such fantastic picks...Happy November!
    Omnivogues

    ReplyDelete