Sunday, 30 October 2016

Vampire Halloween Makeup




For Halloween, I'm a lot more interested in what I'm going to do for my makeup than what costume I'm going to wear. I came across this Halloween makeup look on Leyla Rose's Youtube Channel and knew straight away that this was what I wanted to recreate for Halloween. I used a few different makeup products to Leyla but I followed the same sort of method.

Firstly, I primed my skin using the Benefit POREfessional primer and, whilst I was waiting for this to sink into my skin, I curled my lashes using the Boots Eyelash Curler. Next, I applied the Nars Sheer Glow foundation in shade Mont Blanc; this is slightly paler than my Bobbi Brown Long-Wear foundation so it's more suitable for a vampire look - you could go a shade or two lighter in your foundation if you preferred. I then used the Collection Lasting Perfection concealer in shade Fair to cover any imperfections. To contour, I used a small amount of the shade Password from the Urban Decay Smokey Palette underneath my cheekbones and around my forehead to give a bit of definition. For my brows I applied the Benefit Gimme Brow to fill in any gaps, and I put the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion over my eyelids to create a base for my eyeshadow. To create the eye makeup, I first took the Makeup Geek eyeshadow in Peach Smoothie and applied this all over my eyelids, I then used the NYX eyeshadow in Heat for the inner corner and crease of my eye, blending it right out to my brow. Over the main part of my eyelid I used the Urban Decay Blackout eyeshadow and blended this into the NYX eyeshadow. On my bottom lash line I applied the same NYX eyeshadow, followed by a Natural Collection Kohl Pencil, which I smudged slightly. For the veins, I used two MAC lip pencils; Dark Out and Soar. I drew wiggly lines with branches coming off them to make it look more realistic. To finish my eyes I applied the Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara (for Halloween I will also be wearing the Ardell Demi Wispies False Lashes but I didn't have any on in these photos). Finally, I used the MAC Lip Pencil in Dark Out to outline my lips and then I filled them in using the MAC Matte Lipstick in Sin.

I hope you enjoyed reading how I created this look - if you want to you could add some fake blood or bite marks to your neck. What Halloween makeup will you be doing tomorrow?

24 comments:

  1. Oooooo I love how simple yet stunning this looks, normal, yet kind of creepy... love it! :)

    Erin || MakeErinOver

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, it looks awesome! I'm not doing anything for Halloween, boo! x

    Josie | Sick Chick Chic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's a shame, I love dressing up for Halloween! x

      Delete
  3. Wow, your makeup is absolutely stunning, lovely! Eyeshadow perfection right there. Love how you did all the details, especially those veins. So fab & a bit scary (just as it should be on HW) cos it looks so good :D
    xox Nadia
    www.mielandmint.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Nadia! The veins weren't too difficult to do, I thought they were going to be a lot harder! x

      Delete
  4. Very cool! I really love what you did with the eyeshadow. The colors are just divine. :]


    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm also more interested in my Halloween makeup than in my costume. If your makeup is great, then no need for a crazy outfit!
    Love the makeup you did!

    Laura | http://www.furiouslychic.ch/

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look beautiful! I love the vampy lips and the shape of the eyeshadow. I wish there were more Halloween parties <3

    | www.noirettediary.com |

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! Vampy lips are my fave! Same, I'd love to do more Halloween makeup x

      Delete
  7. So cool! You're very talented.

    Face to Curls | http://facetocurls.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE this post lady - your makeup looks bloody awesome! P.s that lipstick looks so fab on you!

    Hayley xo
    www.frockmeimfamous.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'll definitely be wearing that lipstick more now - I've fallen in love with that shade! x

      Delete
  9. wow, super super COOL!

    If you want check out my latest blogpost "Office Attire Look"
    http://evaredson.blogspot.it/2016/11/office-attire-look.html

    xx
    Eva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll have a look at that post x

      Delete
  10. Such a creatively done make up! Haven't seen similar ones this Halloween!

    www.julialundin.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really enjoyed creating this look x

      Delete
  11. This is so cool! I love the veins under the eyes, it reminds me so much of the vampires in The Vampire Diaries.

    www.thesundaymode.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes that's what it reminded me of when I was doing this look x

      Delete