Monday, 24 October 2016

Autumnal Lipsticks and Nail Polishes


From top to bottom: MAC Mocha, MAC Twig, Rimmel 128 Starry-Eyed, NYX SMLC 10 Monte Carlo
Autumnal makeup is my favourite because you can play around with bold colours that just aren't acceptable in Spring and Summer. Today I thought I would share with you some of my favourite lipsticks and nail polishes to wear in Autumn.

My most recent MAC lipstick purchase is Mocha. This is a peachy yellow-brown satin lipstick and it goes perfectly with the MAC Nice 'n' Spicy lip liner. Another MAC lipstick that I love wearing in Autumn is Twig. This one is described as a soft muted brownish-pink lipstick on the MAC website and is also a satin lipstick (I did a full review on this lipstick here). I don't own many Rimmel lipsticks but I loved the dark berry colour of 128 Starry-Eyed so I had to buy it! The only problem with this lipstick is that it's not as long lasting as the MAC lipsticks so you have to reapply it more often. However, you can apply lots of layers of this lipstick to create a darker colour and it doesn't go patchy. Lastly, the NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Monte Carlo is a gorgeous dark red shade - it's slightly bolder than the other lipsticks I've mentioned but still wearable! A few months ago I did a full review on the NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams, so you can find that here.

Essie's Bahama Mama nail polish is my all-time favourite for Autumn. It's the perfect plum shade and it lasts about a week without chipping - if you want to see what it looks like on then have a look at my full review. For my birthday, I received another Essie nail polish in the shade Angora Cardi. This is lighter than Bahama Mama; it's more of a dusty rose colour. My friends also bought me the Rimmel 313 Rita Rouge nail polish for my birthday (they know me so well!). It's a very dark purple shade that promises super shine and that it'll be dry in 60 seconds - although I haven't found it to dry that quickly! Rimmel nail polishes do last a long time without chipping; probably nearly ten days. The final nail polish that I'll be wearing this Autumn is Maybelline Color Show 265 Wine Shimmer. This nail polish is red and sparkly, so it will be particularly good for parties and events because it adds a bit more glam. To get a more intense colour I usually apply three coats of this, whereas with the other nail polishes I apply two coats.

What are your favourite products to use during Autumn?

22 comments:

  1. I bought two Rimmel lipsticks recently and I love them so much! Rimmel 128 Starry Eyed is gorgeous, it is perfect for this season! :)

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which ones did you get? I need to try some more of the Rimmel lipsticks because I really like the one that I've got x

      Delete
  2. Great post! I've heard a lot of people talking about Mac Twig, might have to be something I invest in! xo

    Hanney | Blog About Hanney 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MAC Twig is one of my favourite MAC lipsticks - you need to get it! x

      Delete
  3. OMG that Essie polish is everything!
    And the Rimmel Starry-Eyed lipstick looks gorgeous, love it!

    francesca | francescasophia.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! I've been looking for a new nail polish color :)

    Xx
    Molly
    www.trendychickadee.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You should try some of these ones :) x

      Delete
  5. I love Nyx products. Their liquid velvet lipstick line is such a favourite of mine
    Dora
    http://www.adropofindigo.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried their liquid velvet lipsticks yet but I've loved all of their products that I've tried so far! x

      Delete
  6. I love changing my nail varnish depending on season. I usually wear pastel and bright pinks in Summer and in Autumn and Winter I tend to wear darker colours and bright reds too x

    www.luxestyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! I love pastels in the summer :) x

      Delete
  7. All those shades are just so perfect for autumn, great buys!
    Chloe xx
    http://thechloebarnes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. MAC Twig is one of my favourites :) I need to check out Mocha next, I think!

    Jasmine xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Twig is one of my favourites too! Yes you definitely should x

      Delete
  9. Oh I love all of these shades, absolutely perfect for Autumn! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they're all such pretty shades :) x

      Delete
  10. I love the Rimmel shad in Starry Eyed, I don't think I've ever seen that one before xx

    Ellé | www.ellesimpson.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that shade too! Perfect for Christmas parties and events x

      Delete