Tanya Burr is a Youtuber that I've been watching for years, so when she released her cookbook Tanya Bakes of course I was going to buy it! I've been trying lots of the recipes lately and my favourite one so far is the Chocolate Orange Cheesecake...
- 300g double chocolate cookies
- 100g butter
- Zest of 2 oranges
- 250g full-fat cream cheese
- 150g icing sugar
- 200g Terry's Chocolate Orange, plus extra slices for decorating
-150g double cream
- Crush the biscuits to crumbs. Mix in the melted butter and zest of 1 orange until well combined, then press into the bottom of the tin.
- Mix together the cream cheese and icing sugar until smooth. Set aside.
- Melt the 200g of Chocolate Orange in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water, making sure the bottom of the bowl isn't touching the water. Once melted, quickly whip the cream in a bowl until it forms soft peaks, then add the melted chocolate and cream cheese mixture. Mix until smooth and well combined.
- Pour onto the biscuit base and smooth out. Chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- When you're ready to serve, decorate with the remaining Chocolate Orange slices and orange zest.
Anything chocolaty in my house doesn't last very long, so by the time I came to decorate the cheesecake there was only two slices of Terry's Chocolate Orange left! Thankfully everyone still enjoyed it. Have you got Tanya Bakes?