Sunday, 3 July 2016

June Favourites


Another month has flown by - I've been so busy working and trying not to spend my money so I don't have many favourites this month. However, I will still share with you what I have been loving and I apologise for this being such a short post.

Firstly, if you follow me on Instagram (@emmaboughtwhat), you will have seen me post a photo of the Bobbi Brown Rose Shimmer Brick Set. I picked this up from an outlet centre and reasoned with myself that because it was cheaper from the outlet I couldn't turn down a bargain! The Shimmer Brick contains five different pink shades which blend together when you run a brush through them to create a gorgeous pale pink shimmery blush. I usually use this over the top of my blush and apply it to the tops of my cheekbones to give myself a rosy glow. This product instantly makes my face look brighter so I'll be using this a lot throughout the summer.

Next up, I bought myself some Adidas Stan Smith Trainers. This was a bit of an impulse buy from me because I'd never really thought about buying these before, but I tried them on and liked how they looked so just went for it! These trainers are really comfy and I love wearing my white Converse (even though they're more of a grey colour nowadays), so I thought I'd mix it up and wear these white trainers some days instead.

Another product I've been loving throughout June is the St Ives Blemish Fighting Apricot Scrub. I use this about three times a week and my skin feels so much softer after each use. This scrub contains lots of exfoliating bits (I don't know if these have a proper name!), unlike some of the scrubs I've tried in the past, so my skin is left feeling clean and less oily. I also find that some of my spots get reduced in size so I'll definitely be repurchasing this when it runs out.

My last favourite is different to usual, however, I've been playing it non-stop so I had to share it with you; Boys That Sing by Viola Beach. If you have watched Coldplay's Glastonbury set, then you would of seen their heartwarming tribute to Viola Beach. The band have a few other songs and an album coming out on 29th July. Go check out their songs and hopefully you'll love them as much as I do.

Would you like me to include more music, book, and movie favourites each month? Also, what have you been loving this month?

34 comments:

  1. Stan Smiths are the best! I got mine last august and have barely worn them (mostly for fear of getting them dirty, but also because I didn't have a clue what to wear them with!), I bit the bullet and took them to Paris a few weeks ago and sooo many people wear them there I came back with lots of styling ideas and have barely taken them off :)

    Alice | Whiskey Jars Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always worry that I'll get mine dirty too! That's so good x

      Delete
  2. So great you could get the BB shimmer brick on outlet! I recently blogged about their latest collection for summer, and want to buy it all already!

    www.Barely There Beauty.com | British Beauty & Lifestyle blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't realise that they sold it in an outlet so I'm so glad I found it! I love Bobbi Brown products x

      Delete
  3. I saw tat shimmer brick at my local CCo and I have to get it!

    http://villemo20.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick looks so lovely! :) What happened to Viola Beach is such a tragedy; Coldplay's set was so lovely x

    ♡ itsjessiejane ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shimmer brick gives such a nice glow! It is - I started welling up watching Coldplay's tribute to them x

      Delete
  5. I love the Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick! It looks so pretty!
    I'd like to try it too! ;)

    Laura
    https://furiouslychic.blogspot.ch/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely try it! It always makes my makeup look better when I apply a bit of it x

      Delete
  6. Just look at that Shimmer Brick 😍😍😍 So gorgeous!
    Love your Adidas kicks hon - they are beautiful <3 Also, I must try that scrub, my skin has been acting up a lot lately. Love it that it's affordable but is so good <3
    xox Nadia
    www.mielandmint.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Shimmer Brick is so pretty! Thank you :) The scrub is very exfoliating which I like x

      Delete
  7. I love the Bobbi Brown Shimmer bricks - I've had a few of them including the rose shimmer but my favourite is the bronzy one.

    Leah x

    www.devotedtopink.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen the bronze one and it looks really nice so I might buy that one next! x

      Delete
  8. That shimmer brick by bobby brown looks gorgeous!

    www.themakeupaficionado.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It gives such a lovely glow, I'm so impressed with it! x

      Delete
  9. Stan Smith are just perfect! I wear mine wherever I go actually. They are so comfortable and cute at the same time!
    Marilyn x
    www.marilynnassar.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'm so glad I bought them! Definitely going to start wearing them a lot more x

      Delete
  10. Stan Smith's are such a classic. You really can't go wrong. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm thinking about getting some Stan Smiths as well. They're just so perfect and go with any outfit :)
    Love from Boston,
    Charlotte Luisa | bycharlotteluisa.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for it! I'm so glad I bought some x

      Delete
  12. Great favourites, I've just bought that shimmer brick and it's actually in my June favourites too! Also a massive fan of the stan smith trainers! xo

    http://rachelnicole.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll check out your June favourites then! Yes they're so comfy x

      Delete
  13. my adidas stan smiths have been my favourite shoes for almost a year now and i can't go a day without them. so comfy but yet stylish.


    loovelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are really comfy and I love how I can wear them with pretty much anything! x

      Delete
  14. Loving your favourites girl!! The Bobbi Brown shimmer brick is so pretty for summer and I also love those trainers, classics! x


    Jenny | Krystel Couture + Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm in love with the Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick, I want to get the bronze one too now! x

      Delete
  15. I have the exact same shade in the Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick and you've just reminded me I need to use it more often. I wish mine came with the brush, such a great set! x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's so pretty! The brush is really good, I wasn't sure if I'd like it at first x

      Delete
  16. I love St. Ives apricot scrub! I totally forgot about that product! I need to run to the store and pick one up :)

    www.thebeautydojo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! It's the best face scrub that I've tried x

      Delete