Monday, 23 May 2016

L'Oreal Infallible Sexy Balm



From top to bottom: 103 As If I, 111 Go Pretty Or Go Home, 203 Yala Yolo

If you follow my Instagram account (@emmaboughtwhat), you will know that I treated myself to three of the new L'Oreal Infallible Sexy Balms. I couldn't resist a 3 for 2 offer! I've been wearing them nearly every day since I picked them up so I thought that I would share my opinion of them with you.

Firstly, the shades that I picked up were; 103 As If I, 111 Go Pretty Or Go Home, and 203 Yala Yolo. As If I is a nude shade, which just enhances my natural lip colour so I can use this as an every day lipstick. Go Pretty Or Go Home is a bright pinky purple colour that would be great for summer if you want to sport a bright lip. Yala Yolo is more pigmented than the other two lipsticks (because it's from the bold range and the other two are from the sheer range) - it's a bright red colour and I like to wear it when I've got minimal eye makeup.

Usually I go for a matte lipstick and I've surprised myself by how much I like these moisturising balms! It feels like there's nothing on my lips when I'm wearing these lipsticks, and they're not sticky at all. The fact that the tips of these lipsticks are pointed makes them easy to apply precisely; you could use a lip liner if you want to make your lips more defined but it's not a necessity with these. L'Oreal say that these lipsticks last up to 12 hours, however, I'd say they last for around 4 hours. Yala Yolo lasted a bit longer than the others because it's a bold colour, and it did leave a tint on my lips but it wasn't as noticeable as when I first applied it. Having to apply the other shades when they rubbed off was a bit inconvenient, however, my lips didn't start to feel dry.

Overall, I'm really impressed with these lipsticks and I think that all of the shades available are perfect for summer. Have you tried these lipsticks yet?

38 comments:

  1. I love 'Yala Yolo' shade, it such a pretty red shade! I don't own many red lipsticks, I am more of a pink-lipstick-lady haha, and this one sounds like something I would definitely wear! Also, their packaging is super nice! xx

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also prefer pink lipsticks, but Yala Yolo is a red shade that I don't mind wearing! Yeah the packaging is quite simple but looks great x

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It's such a nice red colour and it feels great on the lips too! x

      Delete
  3. I was surprised when I read the word "balm"! They look impressive and the pigmentation is amazing. On top of that if they are light & moisturizing it's a win-win. Thanks for sharing, Emma :)
    xox Nadia
    www.mielandmint.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These really are great! I was surprised when I realised these were balms too, you're welcome x

      Delete
  4. The pink one looks really pretty! Em x
    http://themusingsofem.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, I spotted you on another girl's blog and decided to come and say hi! I have been enjoying reading your blog and I have to say I love the name! Check out mine if you have any spare time! shoppingobsessive.blogspot.com
    Interested in any collabs?
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! If you'd like to email me about doing a collaboration then we can discuss it further :) x

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. They're really good shades for summer! x

      Delete
  7. These look so lovely! I haven't seen them in store yet but will be on the lookout now! :-)



    JennyLovesBeauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully they'll be in store soon! Let me know what you think if you do get them x

      Delete
  8. I've not seen these yet but I love the idea of the pigmented balms... great colour choices!!!

    Megan
    Denton & Lou 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usually I find that balms aren't very pigmented so I was really pleased with these! Thank you x

      Delete
  9. Ooooh these look fab - I love the look of the bottom one! <3

    Hayley x
    www.frockmeimfamous.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I love wearing the bottom one when I'm going out in the evening! x

      Delete
  10. I really like the look of Go pretty or go home. It's right up my street. I really should try more L'oreal products as I'm generally impressed with them x

    rainbowcrush.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't usually go for colours like Go Pretty Or Go Home but I really like that one! Let me know what you think if you try these x

      Delete
  11. Great post - will have to give them a try!

    Would love if you could check out my most recent post and let me know your thoughts :)

    Toula Rose xo

    www.toularose.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah of course, I'll go check it out now x

      Delete
  12. Amazing colours !
    NEW BLOG ! please follow me : YOUNG BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh love these colours, especially the middle colour! You have a great blog, I love being noisey and seeing what people have recently purchased! Just followed you

    www.ejwxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The colours in L'Oreal's new range are all very summery! Thank you so much, I really appreciate it x

      Delete
  14. OMG!! what an amazing blog post !! I also love the design <3 I love blogs like this :D

    Jadiee'sLittleBlog

    ReplyDelete
  15. ooh these look awesome ! i really want to give them a try ! :)

    http://www.carolinapinglo.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should do! Let me know what you think x

      Delete
  16. These sound like my ideal products, the shade As If I looks so gorgeous!

    Lauren Ashleigh xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try them out, they're so soft on the lips! x

      Delete
  17. I've never heard of this particular range from L'Oreal before but I do love moisturising balms and these look so pigmented too x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they're are! Even the sheer range give lips quite a bit of colour x

      Delete
  18. There was a time where i was obsessed with lip crayons! These one's look particularly lovely. x

    www.themakeupaficionado.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're probably my favourite lip crayons that I've tried! Let me know what you think if you try them x

      Delete
  19. I've been looking for an everyday nude color that won't dry out my lips. (typically I wear matte and my lips are sooo dry right now). I'll have to check out the "As If i" shade. Thanks for your post!

    Love, Lindsey
    http://thenomisniche.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As If I is a really nice nude shade! You're welcome x

      Delete