Sunday, 1 May 2016

April Favourites


Another month has gone by already - April felt like it went by even quicker than any of the other months! So I have a selection of favourites to share with you...

My first favourite is this Airtex Crop Top from Topshop. I found it quite difficult to show this top properly in the photo so I've put the link to it on the Topshop website for you. Black is the colour that I chose, but it's also available in white, blue, and pink. I thought that this crop top would be perfect to wear in the summer with a bralet underneath or on the beach over the top of a bikini.

Something else that I've been loving this month is the Real Techniques Deep Cleansing Gel. This cleanser removed makeup from my brushes better than anything I've used before, and it smells great too! The only problem with this cleanser is that it seemed to struggle to remove all of the foundation from my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush.

I received a tester of the Benefit's It Potent! Eye Cream when I purchased the Benefit POREfessional Primer. I've been applying this under my eyes every morning for the last couple of weeks and it has definitely improved the dark circles. This cream also promises to help restore elasticity and firmness - which is particularly important as you get older.

My next favourite is an Eyelash Curler from Boots. I had never used an eyelash curler before (crazy I know!); I usually buy mascaras that promise to give my lashes some curl. However, I'm so glad that I bought this because it gives my eyelashes so much curl and lift, which makes my mascara look better and my eyes look wider.

The La Roche Posay Serozinc has featured in many blog posts over the last year or so, so I decided to give it a try for myself. This toner is aimed at oily, blemish-prone skin. It leaves skin looking matte and pores feeling tighter. Serozinc doesn't dry out my skin, and it's so easy to use because you just spray it on and then dab off any excess.

My final favourite is the Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream. I've been using it every evening as a nighttime moisturiser. This cream is very hydrating, but it also sinks into the skin quickly and doesn't make skin look greasy. A little of this cream goes a long way so the 50ml tub is going to last me a very long time!

What products have you been enjoying in April?

P.S. I have recently created an Instagram account for my blog (@emmaboughtwhat) - there's a link to it down the side of my blog, so go check it out! I'm aiming to post photos regularly after my uni exams.

34 comments:

  1. That crop top looks like a great staple for your wardrobe! Its a shame the cleanser gel didn't remove all of the foundation from your brush - foundation is the worst to clean off brushes!!

    Jodie @ Jodetopia x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'll definitely be wearing it a lot this summer! I might have to give my foundation brush a couple more washes with the cleanser and see if it removes it then x

      Delete
  2. I'm such a massive fan of Serozinc, it's a lifesaver for my skin! xx

    Gemma ♡ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I picked it up, it works so well on my skin! x

      Delete
  3. Brilliant favs. I really should check out topshop a little more often!

    Alexandra / www.alyspace.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They've got a great selection of clothes at the moment, I had to stop myself from buying too much! x

      Delete
  4. La Roche is such a brilliant company. They make the best beauty stuff if you ask me! Gotta try Kiehls too as it gets really hyped up lately.

    Love, Kerstin
    http://www.missgetaway.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely going to try more of the La Roche Posay products! Kiehl's do some amazing products x

      Delete
  5. Great favs! Topshop is great.
    Ann | www.fashionspydiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Topshop is one of my favourite shops x

      Delete
  6. I haven't seen many people talk about that Benefit Eye Cream and I'm so curious to try it out, thanks for the review :) X

    | www.noirettediary.com |

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd never seen it until I got it as a tester, but it's definitely helped to make my eyes brighter! You're welcome x

      Delete
  7. I really want to try some La Roche Posay skincare because I've heard so much about the brand and my skin is doing terribly at the moment. I've also never tried anything from Kiehls but I really want to.
    Aleeha xXx
    http://www.halesaaw.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely try some of their products, let me know what you think of them when you do! x

      Delete
  8. I've wanted to try the Kiehls ultra facial cream for ages now - might give it a go!

    amydoll.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should do, it's a lovely texture and so light on the face! x

      Delete
  9. I am testing the Kiehl's daily concentrate oil and I love it, the facial cream sounds really amazing and I know my skin would love it! Too bad they are not quite affordable, but I would love to give it a try!

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to try the daily concentrate oil! Yeah it's a shame that they're a bit more expensive than the products I usually use but definitely worth the money! x

      Delete
  10. Kiehl's is my everyday face cream and I'm in love with it! thanks for sharing this is super fun to read:) If you'd like come and join my giveaway:) http://www.theclosetelf.com/2016/05/top-5-spring-summer-dresses-rompers.html

    xoxo,
    www.theclosetelf.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, thank you! I'll check out the giveaway now :) x

      Delete
  11. love that crop top! i've never tried any of these but i've always wanted to try la roche posay :)

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Topshop is one of my favourite clothes shops! You should try it, it's worked so well on my skin x

      Delete
  12. I've just bought myself the Serozinc but I haven't gotten around to trying it out yet. I know it's aimed at blemish-prone skin but I'm a little worried it'll break me out!

    www.thesundaymode.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I was worried about too because new products usually break me out when I first start using them but this one didn't, hopefully it'll be ok on your skin too! x

      Delete
  13. I just bought the La Roche thingy after seeing so many positive reviews about how it works with oily skin. Eagerly awaiting my post now!

    Katie. xx La Coco Noire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to hear what you think of it! x

      Delete
  14. I love that top from Topshop, I think it would be perfect for a festival! Great post. Xx
    The Style Icon

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh that la roche posay thing sounds fantastic. I really have to check that one out for summer :)

    Love, Kerstin
    http://www.missgetaway.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have the Kiehls Ultra Facial Cream, I love it so much!

    Lauren Ashleigh xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love favourites posts, they're some of my favourites to read! I've tried the Benefit eye cream before and really liked it. I love Serozinc too, the Caudalie grape water spray is also lovely this time of year :) xx

    secondswatch.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried the Caudalie Spray before so I'll have to give that a go, thanks for the recommendation x

      Delete