Tuesday, 29 March 2016

Liebster Award


The other day I was nominated for the Liebster Award by the lovely Yiota from Pink Daisy Loves. I am so grateful to her for the nomination and so pleased that my blog is getting recognised by other bloggers.

For those of you who don't know what the Liebster Award is I will give you a quick overview. The Liebster Award exists only on the internet and gives bloggers with small followings or who haven't been blogging for very long the chance to be recognised by other bloggers. Once you've been nominated for the Liebster Award you have to answer the questions from the person that's nominated you, and then you nominate 11 blogs and ask 11 new questions for them to answer.

Here are the questions that Yiota asked me:

1. Where do you live?
I live in Oxford, however, I go to university in Exeter so I spend most of my time there.

2. What is your favourite quote?
"Enjoy life today, yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come" - I always try to make the most of every day and achieve something, even if it's something small, rather than putting it off until tomorrow.

3. What is your favourite book?
I read quite a lot so I find it difficult to pick one particular book, although, a book which does stand out in my memory is Girl, Missing by Sophie McKenzie. I read this when I was about 13 years old and it was the first thriller that I read. This book had me hooked from the first chapter when Lauren discovers that her adoption might have been illegal, and it took me about two days to read it!

4. When did you start blogging and what is your favourite thing about it? 
I started blogging in September 2015 and I love being able to share my own thoughts on products with the blogging community. As well as meeting other bloggers and discovering blogs that I probably wouldn't of come across if I didn't have my own blog.

5. If you could time travel to any decade in the 20th century, what would it be?
I would travel to the 1920s because I love the flapper dresses which the women wore! The Great Gatsby is set in the 1920s and it's one of my favourite films because it looks like such a fun decade to be a part of.

6. What is your favourite colour?
My favourite colour is blue.

7. Where did you last go on holiday?
I went to Rome with my friends. I'm a massive fan of Italian food and culture. We got to see the majority of Rome's main sights and we also spent a day on the beach in Sperlonga. I would love to go back to Italy again and visit somewhere else.

8. If you won the lottery what's the first thing you'd buy?
This is probably a really standard answer but I'd buy a house first.

9. What is your favourite beauty product?
Definitely my Naked palettes! They're my favourite eyeshadows and I love experimenting with them to see which colours work well together.

10. Lipstick or mascara?
Mascara because I always use this when I'm wearing makeup but I don't always wear lipstick.

11. Top three TV shows?
Pretty Little Liars - I've been following it since the beginning and I find it very addictive! The Vampire Diaries - I love all the twists and turns in this, and Ian Somerhalder is HOT! Gossip Girl - I've only just started watching this but I'm already on season 5. Every time I eat a macaroon now I feel like Blair Waldorf!

For the Liebster Award I nominate:
Clare from Blushing in Life
Lina from Lina Khalifa
Emily from Emily Alison
Maia from Maia Creed
Jessire from Jessire Beauty
Becky from Oh So Becky

My questions are:
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. Do you prefer a city break or beach holiday?
3. What's your favourite high-street clothes shop?
4. Which actor/actress would play you in a movie?
5. Which three singers/bands do you listen to most?
6. What's your favourite animal?
7. When you were growing up what job did you want to do?
8. Do you prefer a nude lip or a bold lip?
9. What's your favourite makeup product at the moment?
10. Do you prefer to straighten or curl your hair?
11. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?

Looking forward to reading your answers girls!

14 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the nomination!! Looking forward to answering your questions :-)

    Maia x
    www.maiacreed.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome :) excited to see your answers! x

      Delete
  2. You run a really interesting and inspiring blog. I really like it here! you sure you're a great blogger :) maybe you want to follow for follow on gfc? I'd be happy, being in contact with such an interesting blog as your very :) I'm curious sentence people from countries other than mine, and speaking in a different language than mine.
    I greet the warmth of Polish!
    ayuna-chan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) I will have a look at your blog now x

      Delete
  3. Enjoying reading your answers, girlie. Huge TVD fan here <3
    xox Nadia
    💗 http://www.mielandmint.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I like how the Liebster Award helps us get to know the people behind the blogs better! Yes I love it so much! x

      Delete
  4. Congrats! I love Pretty Little Liars too, although this last season was a bit slow, but they ended it so well, now I can't wait for the next season.
    xoxo
    Serein
    http://sereinwu.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so excited for the next season too! x

      Delete
  5. Thanks for tagging me, babe! I did actually do my Liebster Award tag already though. <3 So sweet of you! Loved reading all the answers and getting to know you a little better. :) x I'm a huge fan of Naked palettes also, getting Naked 3 next month and I'm super excited!

    Kay
    http://www.shoesandglitter.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's ok, I'll have a look at your Liebster Award from a while ago anyway :) I love Naked 3 for the spring/summer months because it's got some lovely pink shades x

      Delete
  6. The 1920s is my favourite era too, I'm obsessed with everything art deco and Great Gatsby inspired! I'm watching Gossip Girl at the minute too, it's fab isn't it x

    Always, Alice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I love it so much! I've watched 4 seasons in about 3 weeks! x

      Delete