Monday, 1 February 2016

January Favourites


All of my posts so far have been reviews of products I have purchased, but I thought I would try something a bit different in 2016 and do monthly favourites posts to share with you what I've been loving throughout each month.

Firstly, a New Year's resolution of mine was to be more active (I'm trying to exercise at least 4 days each week) so I've been wearing my Nike Free Run trainers a lot this month. These are by far my favourite trainers that I own because they're very comfortable and lightweight.

Another New Year's resolution I made was to read at least one book each month. When I was younger I read nearly every day so I'm trying to get back into the habit of reading regularly. The Girl on the Train is a psychological thriller about a girl, Rachel, who catches the same train every morning and starts to feel like she knows two of the people that live in one of the houses that the train passes, however, one morning something is different. Once you start reading this book you won't be able to put it down!

Hair masks are a product that I definitely don't use often enough. I'm always straightening or curling my hair so the Lee Stafford FiX IT TREaTMENT sounded like the most appropriate hair mask to go for as it's aimed at damaged hair caused by styling and colouring. This mask leaves my hair feeling softer and stronger. It also enables me to carry on styling my hair without worrying than I'm severely damaging it.

The Clinique Sonic System Purifying Cleansing Brush could be the best skincare investment I have ever made! It removes all traces of makeup to leave my skin feeling cleaner than it ever has before (full review here).

I've already shared with you my obsession for MAC lipsticks so when I walked past a MAC store a few weeks ago it was inevitable that I would be coming home with another MAC lipstick. I went for Patisserie which is described on the MAC website as a "sheer creamy neutral pink". This is the first lustre lipstick I have bought and I love the subtle glossy finish. Patisserie looks good when you've got strong eye makeup and don't want a strong lip too, or if you're going for a natural makeup look.

With the Urban Decay Naked Smoky palette I got samples of four eyeshadow primers that Urban Decay have to offer. I noticed a clear difference in the staying power of my eyeshadow when I used the primers compared to when I didn't so I decided that it was worthwhile getting the full-sized primer once the samples had ran out. I opted for the Original Primer Potion because this goes well with any eyeshadow (whereas Sin is a shimmery primer potion). The primer promises "24 hours of wear, more vibrant colour and no creasing", and although I haven't worn eyeshadow for 24 hours (who does!?) I can definitely say that it lasts for 10 hours.

I have found my favourite perfume ever! Modern Muse. This has a floral woody scent; combining Jasmine sambac, Amber wood, Soft musk, and many more notes to create the perfect scent. A problem I constantly have with perfumes is that the scent tends to disappear about 30 minutes after I've sprayed it on. Thankfully, Modern Muse lasts for hours but also isn't overpowering.

What do you think of my first monthly favourites post? Also, let me know what your favourites are for January.

30 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to read that book for a while, you've convinced me to download it tonight :)

    Claire | Stylingo.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely worth it! I've been reading it every night before I go to sleep x

      Delete
  2. You're the second person I've seen mention Modern Muse today.. So I probably need to get a sample then? Hah Good post, girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You NEED to get a sample - it smells amazing! Thank you x

      Delete
  3. Nice selection!!

    www.brooklynglam.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great roundup of favorites! I just downloaded Girl on the Train for my Kindle and cannot wait to read it!

    Rae | Love from Berlin

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Girl on the Train is the most fantastic book. I cannot wait for the movie.

    Jenn | Jennifer Jayne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so excited for the movie too! Hopefully it'll be as good as the book x

      Delete
  6. Love the colour of your Nikes! I reallly need the UD potion, my eyeshadow doesn't last at all x

    Tamz | http://www.throughneweyesx.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The Urban Decay Potion works really well with my eyeshadow so I'd definitely recommend it x

      Delete
  7. I really want to read The Girl On The Train, I've heard so many good things! Well done on keeping up with your exercising :) x

    Josie | Sick Chick Chic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an amazing book, highly recommend it! Thank you x

      Delete
  8. I love Nike runners and these look like such a great pair. The UD primer potion is one of my all time favourites, such a fantastic product x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so comfortable to wear! I never apply eyeshadow without the Urban Decay Primer now x

      Delete
  9. The Urban Decay Primer Potion sounds like something I need in my life! I haven't got round to reading Girl On The Train yet but I definitely will before I see the film, I've heard so many good reviews :) xx

    Toasty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! I haven't come across a better eyeshadow primer than the Urban Decay one. I'm so happy that they're making The Girl on the Train into a film! x

      Delete
  10. I had a reaction to the urban decay primer potion! :( so gutted as all I have heard is such great things about that product! I can't wait for girl on the train to come out as a film! (not really a book person myself)! Grrrreat post girl! <3

    The Dazzle Guide

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh no that's a shame :( I'm excited for the film too, it should be really good! x

      Delete
  11. Oooh I really love the sound of the Modern Muse fragrance, the bottle is so cute xx

    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It smells amazing, you should definitely try it when you're next in a fragrance shop! x

      Delete
  12. How amazing is the girl on the train, I read it in 2 days as I just couldn't put it down. I've heard they are apparently making it into a movie? x http://theworldofmegansmith.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they're supposed to be, I was so excited when I found out! x

      Delete
  13. I loved the girl on the train. , I can't wait for the movie. I love your blog please visit mine at
    http://anythingandeverything.weebly.com/blog/valentines-day-gifts-for-her

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so excited for it too! Thank you :) I like your Valentine's Day gift ideas x

      Delete
  14. I really want to read The Girl on the Train too, I've heard so much about it! Love a good psychological thriller too, but they're also the worst for keeping you up at night haha, which is when I tend to read anyway! I totally agree on the lustre lipsticks from Mac - best finish ever. I really like your blog! Want to follow each other on Bloglovin' so we can keep up with each other's posts?
    -Ruby Xx

    Another Ruby Tuesday / Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I! I couldn't put this book down - it was captivating! Yes I love the glossy look of a lustre lipstick. Thank you :) You've got a lovely blog too so I've followed you on Bloglovin' x

      Delete
  15. I've heard many great things about The Girl On The Train, will check it out!

    Yousra | Mystic Tales

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely worth a read and it's being made into a film which will hopefully be really good! x

      Delete