Tuesday, 26 January 2016

Clinique Sonic System Purifying Cleansing Brush



The Clarisonic cleansing brushes are something I've lusted after for a long time now, however, when I saw that feelunique.com were offering a free bottle of Foaming Sonic Facial Soap with every purchase of the Clinique Sonic System I opted for this one instead. Although the Clarisonic cleansing brushes are slightly more upmarket, the Clinique cleansing brush ticks all the boxes for me.

As I've mentioned before my skin is oily and has relatively large pores, which is why the Clinique Sonic System sounded perfect for my skin as it promises to "remove impurities for clear, healthy-looking skin and clearer-looking pores". From the first use it had me hooked! My skin felt softer, cleaner, and looked like it was glowing (I had to resist the urge to keep looking in the mirror!). To get the facial soap to lather enough I wet my face and then apply the soap. This allows the bristles of the brush to work into my skin without being too rough. The brush has an area of green bristles which are tilted for use around the t-zone. I love these bristles because they give a thorough clean around my nose - which is where my pores are at their worst. The Clinique Sonic System works on a 30 second interval and Clinique recommend using this every morning and evening for 30 seconds and then building up to using it for 1 minute. However, I've been using it for 30 seconds when I haven't been wearing makeup and 1 minute when I have been wearing makeup because I feel like these timings work better for my skin.

The Clinique Sonic System has become a staple part of my skincare routine and I can't imagine going a day without it anymore! My skin looks brighter, my pores look smaller, and I'm definitely suffering from fewer breakouts. Have you tried any cleansing brushes?

14 comments:

  1. I'm yet to try any cleansing brushes however I'm getting a Clarisonic for my birthday in February and I can't wait!

    Lauren Ashleigh xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to try the Clarisonic and compare it to this one, let me know what you think of it when you get it! x

      Delete
  2. I've never tried a cleansing brush but it's definitely something I'm thinking of getting. I almost wish I'd bought it when you did because that deal sounds fab! x

    Jodie // Jodie Loue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd definitely recommend getting one - my skin felt so much cleaner from the first use! When I looked the other day the deal was still on so it might still be on now x

      Delete
  3. I've just got myself a cleansing brush but have yet to use it, can't wait to get started!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What cleansing brush have you got? I can't go a day without my cleansing brush now! x

      Delete
  4. I have the magnitone brush which is similar to this and couldn't be without it! It makes a huge difference to my skin and removes all traces of makeup xx

    Jenny | Krystel Couture

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I thought face wipes did a good job of removing makeup but when I use my cleansing brush I realise how much makeup was still left on my skin! x

      Delete
  5. These cleansing brushes have always been around but I don't think I'll get it just yet since my skin is fine. It's nice that you're happy with your skin though <3

    xx Bash | H E Y   B A S H | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If your skin is fine then there probably isn't any point in getting a cleansing brush as it won't really have an impact on your skin, but definitely worth it if you've got troubled skin! x

      Delete
  6. Oh wow it sounds so impressive. I really want ton try it as I love Clinique xx

    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This brush is very good! Clinique also do a few different cleansing gels for use with the cleansing brush so you can get one that suits your skin type x

      Delete
  7. This sounds great! Thanks for sharing! I really need one of these :)

    xo, mikéla / simplydavelyn.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing, I couldn't go without it anymore! x

      Delete