Tuesday, 3 November 2015

Essie Bahama Mama




I've found my new favourite nail polish brand; Essie. After years of looking at the stand, admiring the vast array of nail polishes, and then walking on, I finally decided to try an Essie nail polish. What shade did I go for? Of course, I picked up Bahama Mama as it's the perfect shade for autumn and winter - a "warm, rich, creamy deep plum" is how this nail polish is described on the Essie website.

Essie nail polishes are slightly more expensive than the nail polishes I usually buy, but they're totally worth it! Before applying Bahama Mama I coat my nails with the Essie All in One Base (and I also put this on top of Bahama Mama) because I believe this helps to prolong the wear of the nail polish and prevent it from chipping. This nail polish has lasted longer than any other nail polishes that I've tried; I wore this for about eight days and it didn't chip at all - impressive stuff!

To make this nail polish more festive, you could add one of Essie's glitter nail polishes - such as Rock at the Top or Summit of Style - to one finger on each hand or layer the glitter nail polish over Bahama Mama. This is something I will be doing nearer to Christmas. What is your favourite Essie nail polish?

18 comments:

  1. I love Essie glitters-summit of style and a cut above in particular. I like how the rest of the colours go on but they seem to chip on me within 2 days like a lot of polishes do. It is a bit annoying especially when you've paid for a more expensive polish. The Maybelline super stay nail polishes are the only thing I can get to last, for about 5 days. Em x
    http://themusingsofem.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Summit of Style may have to be my next Essie nail polish purchase! I haven't tried the Maybelline Super Stay ones but they sound good x

      Delete
  2. This post is awesome! That's why I'll definitely follow your blog to see the new ones!

    p.s. new post about how I met Victoria Beckham already on my blog

    Diana Cloudlet
    www.dianacloudlet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for following! You've got a great blog too so I've followed yours x

      Delete
  3. How gorgeous is that shade?! Perfect for Autumn xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes this is my favourite autumnal nail polish that I've got! x

      Delete
  4. I love this colour ! :)
    please follow my blog : THE COLORFUL THOUGHTS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lovely shade! You've got a nice blog :) x

      Delete
  5. I have never ever tried essie because we don't have them in our country but when I do get the chance, I'll be checking these out!

    Joyce // Joycentricity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Essie nail polishes are definitely worth checking out and they come in so many different colours! x

      Delete
  6. i've actually never tried essie, this color looks so nice though!

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this colour! I'm definitely going to buy some more Essie nail polishes x

      Delete
  7. Bahama Mama is one of my absolute favorites!!!! Great choice :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll be wearing this colour a lot - I love it x

      Delete
  8. Love that nail polish! Perfect for autumn :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is, I've been wearing it constantly! x

      Delete
  9. That colour looks gorgeous! :)

    http://travellingthroughmytwenties.blogspot.co.uk

    Izzy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is one of my favourite colours of nail polish to wear! x

      Delete